Yup, it's an off road drop bar.
From $139.90$79.90$139.90 incl GST
Woodchipper is Salsa’s signature drop bar for off road riding, where its unique shape delivers comfort and control no matter how rough the terrain. Woodchipper Bars bend along three planes to create extra-wide lowers while still maintaining a shallow drop.
- Lightweight and strong 7050-T6 series aluminum alloy construction
- Ergonomic design works well with integrated road shift/brake levers or bar end shifters
- 114mm drop, 56mm reach, 25° flare angle, 38° drop angle
- 31.8mm clamp diameter with 120mm width for use with Salsa Anything Cradle and aerobars
- Width measured center to center at the lever position; 42cm bar is 59cm at the ends & 46cm bar is 63cm at the ends
The Woodchipper’s non-conventional shape requires a unique setup for optimal comfort. The brake/shifter position should be canted downward slightly, resulting in a 20–25° downward angle of the drops.
Woodchipper Deluxe 44cm 329g
What Bars is a very useful website that will help you visualise different forward and backwsweeps, allowing you to compare an ever increasing number of different handlebars as an overlay.
Note: the Woodchipper 2 is the exact same handlebar as the Woodchipper Deluxe, just with different graphics.