Updated! Now with an additional set of mounting holes to fit a wider array of frames with top tube bolt bosses including Niner, Salsa Cycles, 9:Zero:7, Open, Lauf and more!
Revelate Designs took the beloved Mag-Tank™ and made a version compatable with top tube bolt bosses found on certain Salsa Cycles and Open Cycle models.
The Mag-Tank™ takes a new twist on top tube bags. Instead of a zippered opening, access to the bag is by a smartly contoured top flap held in place by a magnetic buckle with mechanical engagement (read - the magnet aids in closure, while load is placed on a connection). It will not unintentionally open and spill your gummy bears when you end up in the trees with your bike upside down like a conventional magnetic closure would. You can easily open the bag one handed by pulling outward on the cord loop and you have access to the whole top of the bag. To close, just flick the flap down and the buckle self-engages!
Compared to our standard Gas Tank, the Mag-Tank™ is just a hair smaller to prevent leg movement from hitting the edge of the flap opening.
Please note - while the cover to this bag is designed to shed rain and spray, due to the large panel opening it is not a sealed nor waterproof bag.
- Updated version has two sets of mounting holes on bag bottom to allow bolt-on attachment to top tube.
- First set of mounting holes spaced at 76mm (+/- 2mm) off center from head tube.
- Second set of mounting holes spaced at 100mm (+/- 2mm) off center from head tube.
- Distance between mounting holes is standard water bottle cage spacing, 64mm.
- Velcro secured, padded bag bottom conceals mounting bolts
- One-handed access while riding
- Side panels stiffened with HDPE plastic sheets
- Interior lined with yellow fabric for greater visibility
- Adjustable height daisy chain front attachment with a spacer block to clear stem clamp bolts
Max height: 12.5cm
Width at stem: 6cm
Tapers down to 6cm tall and 4cm wide along the top tube
Note: Mounting bolts not included. During test fitting we have noticed that longer bolts may be needed on the Salsa Cutthroat.
Although the closure is secure - due to the flap style opening there is the possibility that small-loose objects can come out of the bag from rough trails and lying the bike on it's side. We recommend putting things like single keys and M&M's in a ziplock.
Made in the USA with domestic and imported materials
Volume: Approx. 1L
Materials: VX21 & 42 XPac; 420 denier yellow and red lining; closed cell foam padded tube sections. HDPE sheets. Nickel plated grommets.