Totally redesigned with indie-rail attachment system
$279.90 incl GST
or 6 weekly interest free payments of $46.65 with Laybuy
Completely redesigned, the 14L Terrapin® System is a modular, waterproof seat pack with a removable drybag allowing for easy off the bike packing. In its third generation, the bag improves on stability, ease of use, and durability.
Adopting features from our award-winning 8L Terrapin® System, the redesigned 14L Terrapin® System features Revelate's exclusive Indie-Rail attachment system. A progression from conventional bikepacking bag mounts where the rail straps are fixed to the top center of the bag, with Indie-Rail each saddle rail is cinched down hard to the sides of the bag. This feature virtually eliminates side to side bag sway without the need for external hardware. This is combined with a rigid internal structure and active cam buckles to prevent straps from slipping on rough terrain.
New features include an external plastic bottom sheet which protects the bottom of the bag like a fender. Stiffened on all sides, a composite internal top sheet provides a solid and stable platform for the strap points and transmits the vertical load to the seat post connection. An external webbing and loop system house a bungee and provides additional easy access external storage.
- Indie-Rail attachment system and active cam hardware provide a super stable mount without added hardware.
- Radio frequency welded drybag with air purge valve
- Protective external plastic bottom frame sheet
- Aluminum hardware at high-stress points
- Composite internal top frame sheet
- Revelate exclusive RevX-PAC panels that are 2 times as abrasion resistant as standard VX material.
- Foam-stiffened side panels with fiberglass compression stays
- External webbing and bungee for additional storage
- Integrated Velcro strap keepers
- Carbon seatpost friendly
- Compatible with Thudbuster with use of Thudbuster extension
- 21.5cm Minimum of tyre clearance required from saddle rails
Important Notes: It is mandatory to check tyre clearance prior to use, especially with full suspension bikes. Bag contact with a tyre can cause a bad wreck and ruin your day. Tyre damage to the bag is not covered by warranty.
This product is not designed for use with dropper seat posts.
The 14L Terrapin® System is not compatible with the Spocket top pouch.
Please evaluate how your system works well before a planned trip.
Weight: Terrapin® - 395g; Drybag 120g
Volume: 14 Litre
Materials: Revelate exclusive VX 21 X-pac; Rhinotec; Drybag: 200-denier waterproof TPU laminated ripstop nylon with air purge valve
Please note that Revelate Designs have issued a recall for all units of the early 2019 Terrapin System 14L. This version of the Terrapin System was sold from December 2018 until April 2019 and is easily identified by a pair of hooks on the top rear of the bag. This includes skus RD-094-449, RD-094-454, RD-094-455 and RD-094-457. No other similar products are affected. All affected New Zealand customers have been contacted and advised of the recall. For further details please read this link.